Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Way She Lived It

I have wanted to create a blog about Mom for quite some time.  I have a journal by my bed that I write in when I think about her and when I want to talk to her.  I'm the only one who sees it, and it really just captures what I'm feeling and experiencing during that particular moment; mainly when I am sad and really miss her presence.  This blog will basically serve the same purpose, but that is not why I started it.  Obviously one purpose it serves is to recall Mom's honorable battle with cancer, and to document all the details I can remember, the days and moments I never want to forget.  Her fight is still so vivid in my mind, and the longer I go without writing it all down, the greater chance I have of losing it or recalling it inaccurately.  Another purpose of this blog is to help with the grieving process.  Although I am moving on without her, I never want to my recovery to lead to me starting a new life, or even "chapter."  I want Mom, and her death, to always be part of me in everything I do.  This blog will help me think about her, reflect on her experiences, stir up old memories and keep her close and active in my life.  However, my true intention for this blog is to serve others.  Whether you knew her beauty personally or not, I pray her story reels you in to discover the true meaning of life and the absolute power of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Without the love and compassion of Jesus Christ, her faith would not exist, nor would her story.  If there was one thing everyone knew about Mom, it was that she loved Jesus and relied on the faith God gave her to live her life like Him.  I know in my heart I will never know a more inspirational, faithful and loving woman than Mom, and I want to convey just how beautiful and incredible she was.  However, my primary aim is to glorify the Lord through her life; the truth is, without Him her struggle and her death would just be a sad story.  

Obviously I utterly adore Mom and her amazing spirit is unlike anything I can fathom, but I don't want to focus on all her good qualities and character.  I just want you to know her - a real person who lived 48 years in the same world you and I wake up in everyday with the same struggles, responsibilities and convictions we face.  Through her story you'll experience her the way everyone who personally knew her did, with sheer awe and fulfillment.  She will inspire you, comfort you, support you and give you hope, just the way she always did while she was here.  If you continue to read her story and you find yourself longing to live, love or fight the way she did, or if you're struggling right now and need motivation for conquering your battles, I have one answer for you - "Put your hope in the Lord, both now and forevermore." Psalm 131:3

No comments:

Post a Comment